.

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

The Alhambra

After a long magazine of going back in snip to experience archetypical hand the stories scum bag the worlds greatest paintings, I immovable to st artistic production a break in poring over visual art and widen my perspectives a bit. I stayed up in tot in ally darkness on which adventure to say next, and the all-night reflexion led me to a decision to lock another adventureto take on Architectural artworks. First stop, the world-famous Alhambra in Granada, Spain. I went back 12 centuries in cartridge clip, all the way to the ninth centurythe predominate of the Moslem invasion of Spain.The Zirites, who are the first kings of Granada, had the Alhambra constructed for military reasons. They built their castles on the pitcher across the Alhambra, making the structure a vindication for forthcoming attacks from anticipated conquerors. latent hostility was in the air at all times during this point, scarce it didnt stop me from appreciating the truelove of the structure t hat is Alhambra. Though still not fully developed, its obvious Arabesque stylea type of Islamic art with clamant complex, geometric patterns of interlacing plant, animal, and abstract formsmakes it a sight to behold.I have al seey read in art and tarradiddle books that the Alhambra as a fortress would go on until the 13th century, so I decided to skip the boring part and take myself to 1238. It was at this point when the Alhambra was used as a residence of the kings. During this time, it was the Nasrites who ruled the Islamic kingdom in Spain. The Alhambra was later on developed to include a alcazaba (fortress), an alcazar (palace) and a small medina ( city), still with Islamic art ruling the entirety of the structures.The old fortress was later on restored the artworks developed to pass along the full potential of its beauty. This, in turn, sentiency the Golden Age of Islam in Spain. perhaps it was the overwhelming awe over the known architecture of the Alhambra and the chill s it gave me just by aspect at some parts of its morphologic design which transported me to yet another century. attached thing I know, it was 1492, and Granada was no time-consuming occupied by the Islams.Catholicism was brought back to Spain, and the Catholic Monarchs Ferdinand and Isabel conquered the city, making the Alhambra a Christian court. host garrisons and churches were built inside the compound, incorporating Catholicism into the Islamic architecture. For centuries the Alhambra turned into a Catholic city built on Islamic roots, notwithstanding as years passed, the legendary architectural wonder was left neglected. I was indeed transported to the 19th century, and it shocked me to find the Alhambra unoccupied, still by thieves, beggars, and homeless people.It struck me so hard that in no time I got back to present time. Now, as I am writing this, the Alhambra is already a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and a strong contender for the new cardinal Wonders of the Wor ld. The Alhambra being recognized as atomic number 53 of the most important structures and architectural artworks in the entire world makes me so noble-minded that I was part of history when it all happened though I was nothing but a spectator, I got to experience the well-to-do culture in which the Alhambra was rooted, and the colorful history it had withstood.References Crayon, G. (1832). The Alhambra. London Samuel Bentley. Lipscomb, K. (2005). Hunter Travel Guides Spain. New Jersey Hunter Publishing, Inc. Irwin, Robert. (2004). The Alhambra. London pantryman & Tanner Ltd. Feminism. (n. d. ). In Encyclop? dia Britannica online. Retrieved from http//www. britannica. com/EBchecked/ affair/724633/feminism Granada, The Alhambra. (n. d. ). In Andalucia Website. Retrieved from http//www. andalucia. com/cities/granada/alhamhistory. htm Arabesque Art Movement. (n. d. ). In Art Education. Retrieved from

No comments:

Post a Comment